Applicants applying for positions with degrees must provide transcripts.
Ball State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages the application of all individuals regardless of race, sex, age, color, religion, disability and veteran status.
Also, please remember to refer back to our BSU website portal for Faculty and Service Positions with job descriptions that might be available at: http://bsu.peopleadmin.com/
Efforts are made to post positions with current information. This does not, however, alter the university’s right to make changes in assignments, shifts, working days, etc.
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Taylor University is seeking applications of candidates for Assistant Director of the Counseling Center. This is a full-time, 10 month, exempt position located in Upland, Indiana. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
MISSION STATEMENT The mission of Taylor University is to develop servant leaders marked with a passion to minister Christ's redemptive love and truth to a world in need.
The Assistant Director of the Counseling Center assists the Director with the provision of counseling support to students. In addition, the Assistant Director will provide direction to the administrative responsibilities required of an effective and healthy university Counseling Center. In addition, the Assistant Director serves as a resource to help promote the emotional, physical and mental well-being of the campus population.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Provides individual and group counseling for Taylor students.
· Obtains appropriate intake and diagnostic information and develop treatment goals.
· Maintains progress notes and provides termination summaries for each client.
· Provides appropriate consultation and/or referral as needed.
· Obtains appropriate releases for on and off campus communication.
· Collaborates with other student development professionals (including Residence Life and the Academic Enrichment Center, as well as Academic Faculty) to provide additional support and whole person care for students.
· Assists in the on-call procedures for emergencies and crises in the Taylor community. These may include suicide or attempted suicide, hospitalization, accidental death, involuntary removal from school, etc. The Assistant Director and the Director will rotate in the on-call schedule.
· Consults regularly with the Director regarding student issues and planning for staff meeting.
· Assists with the individual and/or group supervision for part time counselors and interns.
· Assists the Director in the creative development of programs and activities for the student body.
· Develops and conducts regular trainings and lecture seminars in classrooms, dorms, and other university programming.
· Develops and administers appropriate surveys of students who utilize the counseling center and the broader university community to better ascertain the climate of emotional, physical and mental well-being on campus.
· Develops and implements wellness initiatives for the entire campus population.
· The responsibilities of this position require the person in the position to be reached for basic support services, and thus this position will require access to a cell phone.
· Attend regular Student Development Meetings and weekly staff meetings.
· Complete all required continuing education units yearly to maintain license.
· Other duties as assigned.
START DATE July 23, 2018
Holds a Masters or PhD in Clinical Mental Health, Marriage and Family Therapy, Professional Counseling or similar degree with commensurate counseling experience. The assistant director also needs to have a counseling license related to their master's degree.
This vacancy is not a new position, it is a replacement for an existing position.
POLICY OF NONDISCRIMINATION: Taylor University does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of race, national origin, sex, or handicap in access to or participation in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title VI, Civil Rights Act; Title IX, 1972 Education Amendments; and Sec. 503-504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; but does exercise its legal right to seek staff who support the educational philosophies and goals of the institution.